We all want to feel happy and everyone has different ways of achieving emotional fulfillment. In Psychology Today, Barton Goldsmith covered a list of tips to help find happiness. Here’s the top 10 ways to find happiness and harness the true power of your emotions:
- Be with others who make you smile: Don’t waste your time with those who break you down. Studies show that we tend to be happiest around others who have a positive mentality.
- Hold on to your values: Stick to your guns. Do what you believe is right. Over time, the longer you hang on to your beliefs, the better you will feel.
- Accept the good: Look at yourself from an outside perspective and figure out what’s working and don’t push away something just because it isn’t perfect.
- Imagine the best: Have high hopes for the future. Don’t be afraid to reach for your dreams. The truth is imagining getting what you want is a big part of achieving it.
- Do things you love: Take a break from reality and go do the things you love. If you like to travel why not treat yourself once in awhile.
- Find purpose: Those who feel like they contribute to the well-being of society tend to feel better about their lives. It’s fulfilling to be part of something greater then yourself.
- Listen to your heart: You’re the only one who knows what makes you feel full and complete. Trust yourself and follow your intuition.
- Push yourself, not others: You are the change you wish to see. It’s easy to blame others for your problems but it’s your responsibility to push forward and succeed.
- Be open to change: Change is always one thing you can count on. Change always happens, you can’t ignore it. Keep your head up and move on.
- Bask in the simple pleasures: Be around those you love. Cherish great memories. Tell silly jokes. Stare at the stars. These are the hidden treasures that keep on giving.
The Villa Orlando and Pasadena Villa’s Smoky Mountain Lodge are adult intensive psychiatric residential treatment centers for clients with serious mental illnesses. We also provide other individualized therapy programs, step-down residential programs, and less intensive mental health services, such as Community Residential Homes, Supportive Housing, Day Treatment Programs and Life Skills training. Pasadena Villa’s Outpatient Center in Raleigh, North Carolina offers partial hospitalization (PHP) and an intensive outpatient program (PHP). If you or someone you know may need mental health services, please complete our contact form or call us at 407-574-5190 for more information.