Six Tips for Better Time Management
We all get stressed once in a while. We all thought about how there was never enough time to complete our tasks. Even with the limitless number of time saving devices, we always run out of time. We are constantly filling our time with things that are “time saving” that create unnecessary stress in our lives. According to the time management experts at webmd.com, there are several ways to reduce stress and add an extra hour in the day. Here are six tips for better time management:
- Make a time diary: Before implementing any tips in your life, take a week to record your every day activities. Be as accurate and honest as possible. This exercise is often an impactful revelation for people. It serves as a base and reference for using your time effectively.
- Learn to say “no”: Try to create time for yourself by simply turning off your cell phone. This will allow time to reflect on your life or participate in an activity that you love. If someone asks you to do something when you’re busy, say no politely and firmly. There is no need for guilt for focusing on you.
- Time-based to-do list: Create a to-do or an objectives list for the day with dedicated times for each task. It will help to prioritize and organize your focus.
- Let your computer help: Try out several personal scheduling software programs for your mobile devices and desktop with a calendar, list, and contact feature. This digital organization will help to remove physical clutter in your life.
- Multitask: Try to combine several activities together to save time. (Of course, avoiding any potentially dangerous situations.) Pay your bills while watching TV. Listen to an audio version of a book while commuting.
- Don’t be a perfectionist: Perfectionism can easily lead to excessive attention to insignificant details. This kind of behavior is a kind of procrastination that wastes valuable time. Worrying about miniscule details and unrealistic expectations adds unnecessary stress in your life.
After each step of this process, it is important to reward yourself. Time management should be associated positive emotions. Making progress is an enjoyable process that acknowledges all of your successes- including the smallest ones.
The Villa Orlando and Pasadena Villa’s Smoky Mountain Lodge are adult intensive psychiatric residential treatment centers for clients with serious mental illnesses. We also provide other individualized therapy programs, step-down residential programs, and less intensive mental health services, such as Community Residential Homes, Supportive Housing, Day Treatment Programs and Life Skills training. Pasadena Villa’s Outpatient Center in Raleigh, North Carolina offers partial hospitalization (PHP) and an intensive outpatient program (PHP). If you or someone you know may need mental health services, please complete our contact form or call us at 877-845-5235 for more information.
If you think that you or a loved one may be struggling with a mental health disorder, Pasadena Villa can help. We are here to answer questions and connect to care. Pasadena Villa currently offers treatment at two residential locations in both Orlando, Florida and Knoxville, Tennessee , and outpatient services in Cary, North Carolina and Charlotte, North Carolina . To learn more about our program, call us at1.407.378.3519
Complete Our Contact Form