10 Ways to Exercise Positive Thinking
When life gets you down what do you do to rid yourself of negative energy and stay positive? According to Carolyn Anderson, practicing positive thinking everyday can lead you down the road to a happier life. Here’s a list of 10 ways you can exercise positive thinking:
- Get some fresh air: Get up early and take a walk around the block. Give yourself a chance to enjoy the morning breeze and appreciate the little pleasures of nature and life.
- Be thankful: Take a second to appreciate the good things in your life and don’t forget to thank others for their help. Having a cheerful outlook radiates positive energy. Saying thank you is one of the simplest ways to boost your sprit.
- Make a list: Jot down a list of all things you like or want to accomplish. If you like to go to the beach, try to make a point to visit once a month. It can be a rewarding to check off each objective along the way.
- Use positive words: Instead of saying, “I can’t” or “I won’t,” try using encouraging words that reflect good outcomes. Have a “can do” attitude.
- Help out others: Give back to those in need and do something nice for your fellow friend, co-worker, or family member. You’ll find that giving to others brings a sense of gratification.
- Find inspiration: Do what makes you happy. If you like to listen to music, then create a playlist of your favorite songs and play them in the car on the way to work.
- Laugh more: You’ve probably heard the quote that “laughter is the best medicine” and it’s true! When you’re feeling down watch a funny movie or video clip.
- Meditate: Give yourself some alone time to let your worries drift away. Aside from relieving stress, meditation also helps you develop awareness for your self and your thoughts.
- Find positive influencers: Get along with others who think positive. Having positive influences around can help lighten up your day.
- Choose happiness: Happiness is a choice. At times the world maybe stressful but learn to overcome the trials of everyday life as a constant problem solver.
The Villa Orlando and Pasadena Villa’s Smoky Mountain Lodge are adult intensive psychiatric residential treatment centers for clients with serious mental illnesses. We also provide other individualized therapy programs, step-down residential programs, and less intensive mental health services, such as Community Residential Homes, Supportive Housing, Day Treatment Programs and Life Skills training. Pasadena Villa’s Outpatient Center in Raleigh, North Carolina offers partial hospitalization (PHP) and an intensive outpatient program (PHP). If you or someone you know may need mental health services, please complete our contact form or call us at 877-845-5235 for more information.
If you think that you or a loved one may be struggling with a mental health disorder, Pasadena Villa can help. We are here to answer questions and connect to care. Pasadena Villa currently offers treatment at two residential locations in both Orlando, Florida and Knoxville, Tennessee , and outpatient services in Cary, North Carolina and Charlotte, North Carolina . To learn more about our program, call us at1.407.378.3519
Complete Our Contact Form