Today marks National Children’s Mental Health Awareness Day! The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) “Caring for Every Child’s Mental Health” was created in 2005 to increase awareness around children’s mental health. With the help of teams across the nation, Awareness Day has grown in scope, visibility, and support. This year-round initiative now connects cross-disciplinary organizations in their efforts to promote awareness of children’s mental health issues not just on a single day, but year-round.
According to an article by SAMHSA, collaborating or participating in Awareness Day:
• enriches your commitment to the wellness of children and youth
• emphasizes your participation in collaborations with other national organizations who address children’s mental health issues
• boosts your reputation for a supporter of children’s mental health services
• highlights your company brand in Awareness Day educational materials and online content; and
• provides access to SAMHSA’s social media marketing tools to bring awareness to children’s mental health initiatives.
Pasadena Villa Orlando and Pasadena Villa Smoky Mountain Lodge are adult intensive residential treatment centers for patients with adult schizophrenia, autism spectrum disorder, schizoaffective disorder, or other mental illnesses. One of the first programs in the country to base its treatment upon social integration, our mental health facilities offer help through individual and group residential programs with a focus on independent living.